Data Services and Research Framework:
- Develop a Data Services framework that will use a combination of artificial intelligence/natural language processing (NLP), advanced data modelling, predictive modelling and other data analytics techniques to uncover insights or discover hidden opportunities, ideas and concepts that will guide strategic decisions.
- Build relevant data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics support that will inform key business decisions.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders and internal functions.
Strategic Profitability and Growth Analysis:
- Review the performance of the products and services and present reports to the Head of PAPSS and product management and business development head.
- Manage and optimize processes for data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modelling, visualization and communication deliverables.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyse business functions and key operations and performance metrics.
- Conduct revenue assurance on the products and services including appropriateness of the pricing and pricing model.
- Conduct review of direct and indirect cost of the products and services and provide reports to the internal functions and Head of PAPSS.
- Assist the digital product management and sales teams with data analytical needs to manage and monitor the performance of existing products and services as well as identify opportunities for new products.
Intra-Regional Trade, Monetary Policy and Payment System Alignment and Growth:
- Collect, analyze, and interpret international trade and intra-African trade data, information and regulations to provide analytical insights to the management.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data on monetary economics and policy to support short, medium and long-term decisions of PAPSS Initiative management on the use of scarce third currency by member countries for settlement.
- Examine the impact of PAPSS on trade and development of the participating countries and make recommendations to the Management and Board.
- Manage the collection, processing, modelling and analysis of current macroeconomic (including monetary and fiscal accounts, financial sector indicators, balance of payments), microeconomic, and regional data, to provide insightful data and potential new knowledge to Head of PAPSS, Head of Product Management and Business Development and/ or other internal functions of the PAPSS Initiative.
- Manage and support the collection and harmonization of data from multiple sources; trade and monetary economics and policy.
- Assist the Head of PAPSS to prepare a variety of update and proposal reports with charts, tables, and descriptive text to use in the briefings to the Afreximbank President and the PAPSS Board.
- Monitor financial market infrastructure (FMI) developments in order to keep PAPSS Initiative’s Management and Board apprised.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships/contacts with regional trade institutions, and monetary institutions, and participates in meetings and conferences related to monetary cooperation.
- Produce written intelligence reports about trends within intra-African trade, monetary economics and relevance of PAPSS.
- Manage the compliance of PAPSS to the Pan African Payment Services Regulations under the AfCFTA.
Presentation and Thought Leadership:
- Support the development of Thought Leadership through accurate and well-articulated papers; white paper, position paper, etc.
- Support the preparation of Annual Reports to be published as well as other publications to make PAPSS a though leader in payments across Africa.
- Help write, source content for and edit regular article or newsletter on the PAPSS website
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company.
Requirements: Qualification and Skills
- First degree in Economics, Statistics or related field. PhD is required, preferable in qualitative economics and modelling.
- Have a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience working in any or combination of Trade Institution, Monetary Institution / Central Bank, Consulting or Financial Technology (FinTech) company.
- Experience and/ or strong knowledge of data analytics and science.
- Sound Knowledge of Macroeconomics with emphasis on trade exchange rate and fiscal policies.
- Knowledge of and experience in the operation of Bilateral and Multilateral Exchange Rate Mechanism.
- Ability to synthesize disparate data into concise written reports.
- Strong understanding of regional payment system as a form of monetary cooperation.
- Knowledge of intra-regional trade and its impact or relationship to regional payment system.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analysing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Strong in Statistical, econometric and operational research techniques.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Programming experience is an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English. Working knowledge of any of French, Portuguese and Arabic is a plus.
Benefits and Contractual Information
- USD tax exempt salary
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply